Triple Chocolate Banana Brownies
Do you have a sweet tooth like I do and love chocolate as much as I do? Try this triple chocolate banana brownies recipe if you would like to have a healthy snack or treat to satisfy your sweet cravings. This is an original invention brought to us by Chris George, a personal trainer. I’m pretty worthless in the kitchen (though I can boil eggs fairly well), but even I was able to pull this recipe off. The consistency of the brownies is somewhere between that of a cake and more traditional brownies – spongier than typical brownies but heavier than cake. Chocolate has heart health benefits that we’ve written about before.
In a blender put in the following:
- 20 grams of melted dark chocolate chips (the first of three chocolates)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 and 1/2 cups of oats
- 1/3 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup of chocolate protein powder (the second of three chocolates)
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder (the third of three chocolates)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of stevia
- 2 eggs
After all of the above is blended stir in another 15 grams of dark chocolate chips.
Bake for 20 to 23 minutes at a temperature of 350°.
If you cut the recipe into 16 brownies each brownie contains:
- 85 calories
- 2 grams of fat
- 12 grams of carbohydrate
- 5 grams of protein
- 1.9 grams of fiber
If you cut the pan into 9 larger brownies the each brownie contains:
- 138 calories
- 4.6 grams of fat
- 17.2 grams of carbohydrate
- 8.7 grams of protein
- 3.4 grams of fiber
Have some triple chocolate brownies near you when your crave a healthy sweet snack!