Can you really lose weight, detoxify your body, and change your chemistry in just 10 days? Yes, according to Dr. Mark Hyman, author of the 10-Day Detox Diet and co-author of The Daniel Plan that incorporates the 10-Day Diet Detox.
Watch this video from Dr. Oz interviewing Dr. Hyman to get a better understanding of how and why the 10-Day Detox Diet works and the results you might see from following this diet.
In 10-Day Diet Detox Dr. Hyman debunks eight myths surrounding weight loss. He also discusses 10 physiologic changes you can expect from the program. A major component to the 10-Day Diet Detox program is the Toxicity Questionnaire you complete before and after the 10 days. The questionnaire identifies symptoms you may be experiencing in each of the major organ-systems of the body as a result of your current eating habits. Those symptoms should resolve or improve after 10 days.
You can also join an online support group and access videos and tracking tools to keep you on track during the 10 days.
Eight pounds is the average weight loss with some individuals losing up to 25 pounds in just 10 days.
How Do You Detoxify Yourself
You avoid the following toxins for 10 days:
- All sugar – that means all sugar products and anything containing added sugar. Sugar in fruit is acceptable but no fruit juices.
- Gluten – the protein found in wheat, rye, barley, oats, etc.
- All grains including the gluten-free ones.
- All dairy.
- Beans excluding green beans.
- All processed and factory made foods.
- All refined and processed oils.
- Alcohol and caffeine.
- Stimulants or sedatives (discuss with your physician first if you take them regularly).
- Media/technology – limit their use at night.
And, you will focus on eating foods that:
10-Day Detox Diet provides you with a meal plan for each day, cooking techniques/preparation, shopping list, and over 50 pages of recipes.
If you try the 10-Day Detox Diet let us know your results. To your better health!