Apple cider vinegar (ACV) has many health benefits. On the other hand, one of the lesser-known uses is adding the vinegar to a bath. An apple cider vinegar bath can be a relaxing and therapeutic experience to improve your skin, battle body odor, and condition your hair. For most uses, you only need to add about one or two cups of ACV to a full bath to enjoy the benefits. Just be sure the water isn’t too hot or it can kill the good bacteria in the vinegar.
Here are several reasons that will convince you to use apple cider vinegar in your next bath. Once you turn this into a habit, you can start enjoying the most beautiful skin and hair of your life.
Apple cider vinegar is a popular replacement for clarifying shampoo. The acetic acid in ACV helps remove buildup from hair products. Soaking your hair during an ACV bath can also help re-balance the pH of your hair and scalp.
Ideally, your hair should have a pH of 4-5. Nonetheless, commercial shampoos are often very alkaline. This may cause dryness and breakage. Because apple cider vinegar is very acidic, it can help counteract shampoo use for smoother and stronger hair.
2. It Can Fight Dandruff and Itchy Scalp
Many people use ACV specifically to fight dandruff and itchy scalp without costly and harsh dandruff shampoo. Some dermatologists attribute this to the antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties of apple cider vinegar. Such innate properties can fight irritation and yeast that cause a build-up of skin flakes and itching.
3. An Apple Cider Vinegar Bath Can Soothe a Sunburn
There’s nothing quite as miserable as a terrible sunburn after a day of fun in the sun. If your skin is red and tender, vinegar may sound like the last thing you want to apply. Truth be told, a diluted apple cider vinegar bath can be just the thing to ease the tenderness and burns.
To use ACV for a sunburn, run a cool bath and add one to two cups of apple cider vinegar. The ACV works to neutralize your skin and restore the proper pH. A short soak of about 10 minutes should be enough to leave your skin feeling soothed and cool.
4. ACV Can Lighten Age Spots
Apple cider vinegar is a popular home remedy for age spots and other skin blemishes. ACV contains alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA). This is a popular ingredient also found in anti-aging skincare products. ACV can be applied directly to age spots, or you can soak away dark spots naturally in the bath.
Add about two cups of apple cider vinegar to a warm bath and soak for 20-30 minutes. The diluted ACV naturally helps remove discolored dead skin cells to reveal lighter, younger-looking skin underneath.
5. It Can Clear up Fungal Infections
Skin fungal infections are surprisingly common. These come in many forms, including ringworm and athlete’s foot. Many yeast and fungal infections of the skin can be naturally cleared up with a soak in an apple cider vinegar bath. That’s because ACV has natural anti-fungal properties.
If you have a fungal infection of the feet, a more concentrated foot bath may be recommended. Soak your feet in a mixture of 25% ACV and 75% water for about 20 minutes.
6. ACV Is a Natural Skin Toner
Apple cider vinegar has an acidity level close to the natural pH level of your skin. This means it can help maintain the protective layer of your skin that guards against bacteria and germs.
As a toner, ACV works best for people who have oily skin. That’s because it helps remove impurities from the pores for a smoother, softer appearance. A short soak in an apple cider vinegar bath is all you need for a whole-body toner effect.
Add about one cup of ACV to a warm bath and soak for about 5-10 minutes. Be sure to use a washcloth to apply the ACV to your face, too.
7. An Apple Cider Vinegar Bath Banishes Body Odor
We all sometimes suffer from noticeable body odor. In some cases, deodorants aren’t always the solution, especially when the armpits aren’t the source. Body odor is caused by apocrine glands which produce sweat with a high level of protein. This sweat is easily broken down by bacteria on the skin which results in a noticeable aroma.
There may be many reasons why your body odor is more noticeable than usual including a side effect of medication, spicy food, and stress. Apple cider vinegar works to kill the odor-causing bacteria and clarify the skin.
The best way to use an ACV bath for body odor is taking a soak before you go to bed. This helps banish the bacteria on your skin before sweat production increases in the morning. Be sure to use a washcloth to dab the diluted apple cider vinegar under your armpits.
- Certified Organic Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar is unfiltered, unheated, unpasteurized and 5% acidity, and contains the amazing Mother of Vinegar.
- Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar is organically grown, processed and bottled in accordance with the California Organic Foods Act of 1990; and is also Kosher Certified.
- It's a wholesome way to add delicious, light flavor to most foods. GLUTEN FREE. NON-GMO CERTIFIED.
- Each bottle is 16 fluid ounces
- Net quantity of 1 gallon
- Ideal pick-me-up at home, work, sports or gym
- With Mother of Vinegar that occurs naturally as strand-like chains of connected protein molecules
- DETOX, BALANCE BLOOD PRESSURE, & REGULATE DIGESTION - Made with 100% natural apple cider vinegar and of pure cayenne pepper, Zeal Naturals pure apple cider vinegar supplement is the perfect aid for chronic bloating relief, cleanse for weight loss, detox pills, and a natural appetite suppressant to assist in healthy weight loss combined with a calorie controlled diet and exercise program. Get all the benefits of apple cider vinegar with the mother (and more) without the bad taste!
- MADE IN USA | NON-GMO | GLUTEN FREE - Each bottle of Apple Cider Vinegar tablets is gluten-free and made right here in the USA in an FDA-Approved facility that follows all GPM standards. Rest assured you are getting the highest quality apple cider vinegar supplements on the market.
- 1500 MG ACV | 60 MG CAYENNE | 120 CAPSULES - Get the most out of your apple cider vinegar diet pills with 1500 mg of pure acv, 60 mg of cayenne pepper and 120 capsules! Don't waste your money on cheap and ineffective supplements that give you minimal servings and don't have enough apple cider vinegar to be effective.
- EASY TO SWALLOW & EASY ON YOUR STOMACH - Our apple cider vinegar weight loss pills for women & men give you all the benefits of drinking apple cider vinegar with the mother but without the challenge of choking down a glass vinegar. Each tablet is small enough to swallow with ease and formulated so that your stomach can easily absorb it without irritation.
- VINAGRE DE MANZANA PRODUCTOS PARA BAJAR DE PESO - El mejor quemador de grasa para bajar de peso con una dieta. Best detox cleanse weight loss appetite suppressant for women combined with a calorie controlled diet and exercise program. Slimming herbal weight loss pill supplement to assist in weight loss - apple cider vinegar weight loss pills for men and women - apple cider vinegar capsules with mother - detox weight loss.
8. ACV Provides Your Skin with Minerals and Vitamins
Apple cider vinegar is made from fermented mashed apples. As a result, it comes packed with vitamins and minerals. The fermentation process causes the yeast to break down the apples into compounds that are more easily digested and absorbed. These compounds like vitamin C and complex B vitamins can give your skin the nutrients it needs to recover and improve elasticity.
9. It’s a Natural Remedy for Razor Bumps
Do you have aggravated bumps from shaving? A soak in an apple cider vinegar bath can be the answer. ACV has strong anti-inflammatory properties that can soothe your irritated skin and take away the hurt. The acetic acid in ACV also softens your skin to help ingrown hairs escape more easily without leaving swollen bumps.
Almost anyone can benefit from the occasional or weekly ACV bath, whether you’re interested in glowing skin or you want to treat a specific problem like body odor or razor bumps. Have you ever tried an apple cider vinegar bath? Did you like the results? Leave a comment and let us know your thoughts!
Image source: 1