Physical Therapy and Agility Health
Physical therapy as an agility health solution is very important. It helps people of all ages who have medical conditions, illnesses or injuries that limit their regular ability to move and function well.
This is a treatment method involving exercises to treat and help in the recovery of the musculoskeletal disorders. The main goal of physical therapy is bringing back the patient from painful and motion limiting conditions to his normal state of health in order to resume a normal way of life.
Agility health treatments are very important, especially for patients who are suffering from cardiopulmonary and neurological problems. Physical therapy is also important for persons with permanent disabilities. This kind of therapy can teach you how to cope and function well within your limitation. This is a significant skill to learn when you will have to live with your condition for the rest of your life. You should not let yourself be discouraged because there are many solutions to, at least, improve your state.
Physical therapy is a classic treatment solution that focuses primarily on relieving the pain that the patients are dealing with, improving the movement abilities, and accelerating the healing process. There are also other domains included in the physical treatment methods such as ergonomic training, fitness exercises, and customized wellness programs, and even education classes and disease prevention.
Who should opt for agility health solutions? Well, physical therapy is highly recommended for those who had suffered major injuries and accidents or people suffering from crippling diseases such as arthritis, lower back pain, or even cerebral palsy. This therapy method is known for its fast curing and healing abilities.
A patient of physical therapy can regain full or a major share of his/her mobility and gain skills such as flexibility, balance, and coordination, under the supervision of a physiatrist specialist.
Furthermore, physical therapy will help you improving the overall fitness and health attributes. There are even cases of youngsters who have problems and conditions related to an incorrect physical development. These can cause weak muscles and overall bodies. Children facing these problems can us physical therapy as a saving solution.
From case to case, the therapist provides different types of techniques such as balance and strength improving training, relaxing and stretching exercises, electrical stimulation methods, and ultrasound therapies. All these methods applied on the affected areas of the body can help you gain a better physical strength.
Moreover, in order for the therapy to be effective, it is important that the patient shows a positive response to the treatment. An important aspect is the psychological state of the patient; he/she must be in a good emotionally state in order for the treatment to succeed faster.
Many people think they know how to relieve pain, and how to properly exercise by themselves, without the assistance of a specialist. However, the best decision to make when you are in pain is to contact a physical specialist who has the necessary skills and knows what the proper rehabilitation process is.
Physical therapists are trained and educated to diagnose different dysfunctions, working closely with their physician. Between them, they will develop a rehabilitation program which is specially created for each patient.
Each and every one of us has a different type of body, movement patterns and behavior, and habits. A good physical therapist monitors his/her patients and tries to correct their posture, along with incorrect movements, and more. Physical therapy, as a form of agility health solution, focuses on education, correction, and prevention.
How Long Can Physical Therapy Take?
Each session is designed for the special needs of every patient. The usual session duration is one hour. However, there can be exceptions made for those patients who require a greater attention. Also, children can have a session that lasts only 30 minutes, in order for them to not getting bored.
Furthermore, the whole treatment process can last from a minimum of a couple of weeks to several months, and even to the patient’s whole life. It all depends on what kind of injuries or problems they have, but also on their rate of healing. Specialists can foresee how fast a patient is healing after two weeks of treatment.
Rehabilitation is an important process and it takes quite a long time. Therapists try to convince their patients to trust them and have patience until they are completely healed. You can even contribute to your own recovery by being careful what you do, how you move, and what kind of exercising are you making.
Not many people have perfect mobility, training skills or movement agility.
What Kind of Training Will You Do in The Physical Therapy Sessions?
- Pain relief exercises
- Body power and balance exercising
- Proper postural standing
- Empowering the ability and flexibility of motion
- Optimizing and reeducating posture
- Resistance training
- Methods on how to reduce or eliminate stress and become more relaxed
- Equilibrium and coordination exercise
- A correct walking guidance
- Educational programs about safety and health issues
- A customized home program agility training
Agility Global Health Solutions’ Benefits:
A personalized physical therapy program might give people the chance to return to their initial state of well-functioning. It can even change one’s lifestyle and habits. These positive changes can further prevent potential injuries and improve the general health of an individual.
Physical therapy can benefit you in a number of ways such as:
- Reduce the level of the pain that the patient feels. Easy physical exercises and techniques like joint training and tissue mobilization or therapeutic procedures like ultrasound, electrical stimulation or another kind of tools can help the patient to get rid of the pain and significantly improve muscles function. Through these therapies, you can lower the risk of the pain returning.
- Eliminate the necessity of a surgery. If the pain and the injuries are eliminated or decreased with the help of physical therapy, then also surgeries can be avoided. However, if a surgery is really necessary, you can benefit from a post-operative training. Moreover, you can even have physical therapy before the surgery in order for you to be stronger and with a better physical health during the medical procedure. Avoiding a surgery also reduces your costs.
- Improve mobility. This is a great benefit for those of you who have problems standing, sitting down too much, walking or making a different kind of moves. For this type of problems, there are stretching exercises that help you regain your movement functionality. A key element is to customize the exercising program to suit every individual’s needs. This way you also make sure that there is a maximum level of safety and a high level of performance.
- Rehabilitate yourself after suffering from a stroke. Usually, after a stroke, the patient loses some of his/her abilities until a certain level. Through physical therapy one can strengthen weakened areas of the body and optimize the natural balance of their organisms. With the help of physicians stroke patients can become more independent and can easily handle simple home chores.
- Recover from a sports injury or prevent it. A high level of sustained training can cause a different form of injuries. Especially professional athletes have a higher risk of suffering from this kind of pain and injuries. Physical therapists can design an appropriate recovery program or prevention through exercise methods.
- Regain your body’s balance and avoid potential falls. Usually, when you being a physical treatment program, your physician will check you out to see how big is your fall risk. This way, therapists will offer the most efficient training method suited to your abilities and needs. They will also support you to become better at coordination and posture. You will need to take all these into consideration when you sit down as well as when you walk. When your balance issue is initiated by the vestibular system, the therapist is able to apply specific methods in order for you to properly recover. These movements can help improve your vestibular functions quite fast. They can even reduce or eliminate symptoms such as dizziness and vertigo.
- Handle different issues that are caused by the aging process. When we get older we can develop different conditions such as osteoporosis or even arthritis. Physical therapy, as a part of the agility health solution, can heal not only these conditions but also provide the proper recovery for joint replacements.
- Manage diseases caused by lung and heart malfunctions. After you suffered a heart attack or you have done a procedure, you may need physical therapy especially in the case in which your daily movement abilities were affected. This treatment can also positively impact the quality of your breathing process. It can even help lung patients clear the fluids from their lungs.
- Handle diabetes and other vascular diseases. Controlled exercise can help a diabetes patient control his/her blood sugar level. Some people that suffer from diabetes may have problems with sensation in their feet and legs. Through physical therapy, this issue can be reduced or even eliminated.
- Guide women and teach them how to prevent diseases. Women deal with a range of specific health issues, especially during their pregnancy and after giving birth. Additionally, physical therapy can offer specialized therapeutic solutions for conditions such as bowel incontinence, fibromyalgia, constipation, pelvic pain, lymphedema, breast cancer, and more.
Some Facts About Physical Therapy That You Might Now Know
- Physical therapists can work in many types of settings such as hospitals, clinics, private practices, schools, nursing homes, etc.
- There is a wide range of physical therapies. Each of them focuses on a kind of condition, so it has specific purposes. These therapies include orthopedic, acute care, post-operative care, cardiovascular and pulmonary recovery, wound care, neurological rehabilitation, etc.
- Physical therapy can treat symptoms such as vertigo and dizziness. Positional vertigo appears when you change your body’s and head’s position. This can be a dysfunction of the vestibular system located in the inner ear. This condition can easily be treated with the help of a physical therapist.
- In many states, you can see and be treated by a physical therapist, without even going to a doctor first. More and more states are choosing this method because agility health solutions have an increased popularity. Also, therapists are required to have a degree.
- You can lower or increase an exercise’s difficulty level, taking into consideration your physical capacity and abilities.
- Physical therapists can reduce or eliminate your symptoms without having the need to consult a doctor.
- Therapeutic massages are not as relaxing as the normal ones that you get at the spa. The purpose of therapeutic massage is to lower tightness, tone and increase tissue mobility of a specific muscle that may be the source of your pain.
- Most of the physical treatments should be made without pain. The patient should not feel any kind of pain during the training. In order for this to happen, you will also have to be careful with certain moves that you make which could cause you higher pain.
- Physical therapists provide you with a customized program that you can do in the privacy of your own home. It is important for you to stick to it, on a daily basis. If you do not do these exercises at home, you will never get rid of your problem and you will come to therapy again and again.
Physical training is also very important not only for your body but also for your brain. Your brain is like a muscle; you need to constantly work it. This way you make sure it will always be healthy and well-functioning. Furthermore, through physical therapy as a form of training, you can increase the number of neural connections that your brain creates.
Training increases your heart’s rate which pumps more blood into your body, including your nervous system. Moreover, exercising also releases a number of hormones that create a proper environment for your brain cells to develop. In simpler words, physical therapy as an element of agility health solution, works like an antidepressant, having a lot of positive effects on both your body and mind.
To sum up, remember that each individual is different. Therefore, each physical therapy experience and program are different. When it comes to agility health training, you need to be patient with yourself as well as with your physician. Healing takes time and compliance.