Lemon essential oil cleanses and supports your metabolism and nourishes your skin. As some of the benefits of lemon essential oil go, this essential oil is best known for how it flushes the toxins out of your body. Furthermore, it sees wide use among those looking to stimulate the lymph for drainage, purify the skin, and rejuvenate energy. The substance also acts as a bug repellent.
Based on a study from the International Journal of Food Microbiology, lemon oil exists as one of the most powerful anti-microbial agents. As such, here are the top 8 benefits of lemon essential oil.
1. Use It in Your Laundry
Ever noticed an unwelcome odor coming from your freshly-washed clothes? One of the benefits of lemon essential oil is how it freshens the scent of your laundry, removing traces of mildew and unpleasant odors. The process is simple, and you only have to add a few drops to your laundry detergent when washing. You can also add this to your homemade dry sheets to add a citrus smell after you have dried it.
2. Whiten Your Teeth
Everyone wants a bright smile that wins over a crowd. With a daily cup of coffee or eating spicy foods, the teeth sometimes get stained brown or yellow. With other remedies like tooth whitening strips, it can cause tooth sensitivity and wear out the enamel of your teeth.
To whiten your teeth with lemon essential oil, you will mix the ingredients with coconut oil, baking soda and rub the concoction on your teeth with a toothbrush for up to two minutes. Before doing this, however, try to remove the excess saliva on your teeth. You don’t want to overuse this recipe because if taken to excess, it starts to wear down the enamel on your teeth.
3. Natural and Safe Disinfectants
Some household chemical disinfectants will stain the coloring of your counter-tops, and you have to also address the danger to your health. Instead of bleach, which can give you breathing problems, you can use 40 drops of lemon oil and add 20 drops of tea tree oil over to a 16-ounce bottle. You will also fill it with water and a little vinegar. One of the benefits of lemon essential oil is how it adds a pleasant smell to the home.
- GUARANTEED HIGHEST QUALITY, MOST POTENT LEMON OIL - What sets Artizen Essential Oils apart are their unparalleled purity and concentration. Natural, with no adulterants or dilution, their oils provide the maximum benefit possible and are uncompromising.
- DON'T FALL VICTIM TO CHEAP DILUTED LEMON OIL - Most of the Competition Dilute Their Oil with a Cheap Carrier Oil or Even Other Potentially Dangerous Chemicals. Our Lemon Oil is Routinely Tested for Purity And Other Unique Qualities in Order to Ensure You Are Buying The Purest Oil Available.
- MOST 4 OUNCE LEMON OILS CONTAIN LESS THAN 1/3 OF NATURAL OIL - Unfortunately, there's a lot of misrepresentation of the term 100% Oil, However it's usually only 1/3 of the Natural Oil and 2/3 Carrier Oil. BEWARE OF LARGE SIZE BOTTLES & UNREALISTICALLY LOW PRICES.
- HIGH QUALITY GLASS BOTTLES PLUS FREE GLASS DROPPER - We use high quality glass infused with a uv colored coating to protect essential oils against sunlight and degradation. We also provide a free glass dropper to help you easily use just a few drops of oil at a time.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY AND GUARANTEE - The manufacturer, Artizen Essential Oils, offers a lifetime warranty and guarantee on their product. If you are ever unsatisfied for any reason they will replace your product or refund your money. And they stand behind and guarantee the purity of their oils.
- LEMON ESSENTIAL OIL - 4 oz - PREMIUM QUALITY, PURE - Cold pressed lemon oil (Citrus Limon) from the rinds of lemon; unfiltered and undiluted with no fillers, no alcohol or other additives
- POWERFUL AND PURIFYING FRAGRANCE: Lemon oil has a natural energizing, revitalizing and uplifting scent
- SAFETY WARNING: For external use only. Other than aromatherapy, dilute with a carrier oil. For topical use, rub a very small amount on the inside of your elbow area to test for any allergic reaction before use. Keep out of the reach of pets. Essential oils can be potentially toxic to pets at certain concentrations. Cats can be especially sensitive to essential oils. Avoid contact with eyes, keep out of the reach of children. If pregnant, consult with your health care provider before use.
- HEALTH AND SKIN CARE RECIPES: Great for aromatherapy, used in skincare, and DIY home cleaner recipes. It's a must for every aromatherapy kit
- Delivered with a premium quality glass dropper for ease-of-use
- Pack of two, 12 ounce (Total of 24 ounce)
- Contains a light mineral oil that goes beyond cleaning to revitalize your wood and give it a rich, natural glow
- Cleans, conditions and shines to bring out wood's natural beauty
- Helps protect wood surfaces from everyday stains (such as fingerprints, mustard, wax crayons, ketchup and candle wax)
4. Wash Your Face with It
Want a clear and smooth complexion? Lemon Oil leaves your skin with a supple and soft appearance. Also, lemon oil nourishes every skin type. You only have to add a drop of the extract to your hand moisturizer to treat your skin and feel a mini-facial massage in the process. This oil helps to tighten the skin and give you an incredible skin lift. Using this product, you will also stimulate the central nervous system.
5. Polish Your Wood and Silver
With a lemon oil soaked cloth, tarnished silver and jewelry will look much better. Also, it removes dust and grime on wood surfaces and hands you an ecologically friendly cleaning product. As far as the benefits of lemon essential oil go, the wood polish will hand you 1/4 of a cup of white vinegar, 1/4 of a cup of olive oil and 10 drops of lemon oil. With this product, you can wipe away the beginning stages of tarnish on your jewelry.
6. Get Rid of Sticker Residue
If you have children, you know how they love to put stickers on everything. Unfortunately, the stickers leave behind a residue that becomes an eyesore to everyone who comes across it. Along with stickers, you can also get rid of gum. To get rid of sticker residue, here are the ingredients you will need:
- Five drops of lemon essential oil;
- Two tablespoons of baking soda;
- One cup of water;
To remove the sticker, you will first peel away the sections of the sticker that come off easily. After you have taken off that part, the paper remnants of the sticker will stay behind. You can use this part to soak the rest of the sticker. You will let it soak for between two to five minutes. Afterwards, you will use the damp towel to wipe away the adhesive.
7. Improve Your Mood
Ever heard of aromatherapy? Because smells go straight to the brain one of the benefits of lemon essential oil is how it elevates your mood. You diffuse the lemon oil into the air, and this will combat the effects of negative emotions like depression and even stress. Besides, another one of the benefits of lemon essential oil is how it boosts your immune system.
8. Eliminate Greasy Hair
Oily hair does nothing for a person’s appearance, and many people struggle to keep their hair clean. You can mix it with a base oil like apricot kernels, jojoba, avocado, olive oil or sweet almond. For treating your scalp one time, you will want to choose three of the essential oils. To give an example, you might use rosemary, lemon, and eucalyptus. Take five drops of each and use two tablespoons of the base oil.
If you have hair down to your back, you will most likely need to use more oil to apply it. You warm the oils in a bowl of boiling water, and after this, you will massage the oils into your scalp. Next, you wrap your head with a hot towel, and you leave it for a minimum of 15 minutes. You will repeat this process once or twice a week and watch the benefits of lemon essential oil unfold.
Whether you want a natural household cleaner or to uplift and rejuvenate your skin, lemon oil has many uses. The benefits of lemon essential oil depend on the purpose you want to use it for. If you have experience with using lemon essential oil, we’d love to hear how you used it. We invite you to share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below.
Image from depositphotos.com.