Lemon essential oil cleanses and supports your metabolism and nourishes your skin. As some of the benefits of lemon essential oil go, this essential oil is best known for how it flushes the toxins out of your body. Furthermore, it sees wide use among those looking to stimulate the lymph for drainage, purify the skin, and rejuvenate energy. The substance also acts as a bug repellent.
Based on a study from the International Journal of Food Microbiology, lemon oil exists as one of the most powerful anti-microbial agents. As such, here are the top 8 benefits of lemon essential oil.
1. Use It in Your Laundry
Ever noticed an unwelcome odor coming from your freshly-washed clothes? One of the benefits of lemon essential oil is how it freshens the scent of your laundry, removing traces of mildew and unpleasant odors. The process is simple, and you only have to add a few drops to your laundry detergent when washing. You can also add this to your homemade dry sheets to add a citrus smell after you have dried it.
2. Whiten Your Teeth
Everyone wants a bright smile that wins over a crowd. With a daily cup of coffee or eating spicy foods, the teeth sometimes get stained brown or yellow. With other remedies like tooth whitening strips, it can cause tooth sensitivity and wear out the enamel of your teeth.
To whiten your teeth with lemon essential oil, you will mix the ingredients with coconut oil, baking soda and rub the concoction on your teeth with a toothbrush for up to two minutes. Before doing this, however, try to remove the excess saliva on your teeth. You don’t want to overuse this recipe because if taken to excess, it starts to wear down the enamel on your teeth.
3. Natural and Safe Disinfectants
Some household chemical disinfectants will stain the coloring of your counter-tops, and you have to also address the danger to your health. Instead of bleach, which can give you breathing problems, you can use 40 drops of lemon oil and add 20 drops of tea tree oil over to a 16-ounce bottle. You will also fill it with water and a little vinegar. One of the benefits of lemon essential oil is how it adds a pleasant smell to the home.
- Attributes: Refreshing, cheerful, uplifting
- Aroma: Fresh, lemon peel
- Ingredients: 100 Percent pure lemon oil
- GET BETTER RESULTS WITH SUN ESSENTIAL OILS - With what we believe to be superior sourced and harvested ingredients, we think you will agree that our oils are by far the most effective on the market - a wonderful smell that can't be beat!
- SUN PROVIDES THE BEST ESSENTIAL OILS - Yes, it's a matter of opinion, but we believe our oils to be the best and will provide anyone who doesn't feel the same way with an 100% pure, unconditional manufacturer refund, anytime. We think you will feel that you have never smelled an oil this wonderful...and that after you have smelled this oil other brands may have a distinct alcohol or chemical smell with a 'dry' scent and noticeable lack of depth.
- LOVE THE SMELL AND FEEL GREAT - Fatigue and irritability are often a result of many factors that are difficult to pinpoint. Clear your mind and relax with the wonderful smell of Lemon (Citrus limon)
- SUN makes the BEST quality PREMIUM Aromatherapy oils and has OVER 100 SCENTS.
- GUARANTEED HIGHEST QUALITY, MOST POTENT LEMON OIL - What sets Artizen Essential Oils apart are their unparalleled purity and concentration. Natural, with no adulterants or dilution, their oils provide the maximum benefit possible and are uncompromising.
- DON'T FALL VICTIM TO CHEAP DILUTED LEMON OIL - Most of the Competition Dilute Their Oil with a Cheap Carrier Oil or Even Other Potentially Dangerous Chemicals. Our Lemon Oil is Routinely Tested for Purity And Other Unique Qualities in Order to Ensure You Are Buying The Purest Oil Available.
- MOST 4 OUNCE LEMON OILS CONTAIN LESS THAN 1/3 OF NATURAL OIL - Unfortunately, there's a lot of misrepresentation of the term 100% Oil, However it's usually only 1/3 of the Natural Oil and 2/3 Carrier Oil. BEWARE OF LARGE SIZE BOTTLES & UNREALISTICALLY LOW PRICES.
- HIGH QUALITY GLASS BOTTLES PLUS FREE GLASS DROPPER - We use high quality glass infused with a uv colored coating to protect essential oils against sunlight and degradation. We also provide a free glass dropper to help you easily use just a few drops of oil at a time.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY AND GUARANTEE - The manufacturer, Artizen Essential Oils, offers a lifetime warranty and guarantee on their product. If you are ever unsatisfied for any reason they will replace your product or refund your money. And they stand behind and guarantee the purity of their oils.
4. Wash Your Face with It
Want a clear and smooth complexion? Lemon Oil leaves your skin with a supple and soft appearance. Also, lemon oil nourishes every skin type. You only have to add a drop of the extract to your hand moisturizer to treat your skin and feel a mini-facial massage in the process. This oil helps to tighten the skin and give you an incredible skin lift. Using this product, you will also stimulate the central nervous system.
5. Polish Your Wood and Silver
With a lemon oil soaked cloth, tarnished silver and jewelry will look much better. Also, it removes dust and grime on wood surfaces and hands you an ecologically friendly cleaning product. As far as the benefits of lemon essential oil go, the wood polish will hand you 1/4 of a cup of white vinegar, 1/4 of a cup of olive oil and 10 drops of lemon oil. With this product, you can wipe away the beginning stages of tarnish on your jewelry.
6. Get Rid of Sticker Residue
If you have children, you know how they love to put stickers on everything. Unfortunately, the stickers leave behind a residue that becomes an eyesore to everyone who comes across it. Along with stickers, you can also get rid of gum. To get rid of sticker residue, here are the ingredients you will need:
- Five drops of lemon essential oil;
- Two tablespoons of baking soda;
- One cup of water;
To remove the sticker, you will first peel away the sections of the sticker that come off easily. After you have taken off that part, the paper remnants of the sticker will stay behind. You can use this part to soak the rest of the sticker. You will let it soak for between two to five minutes. Afterwards, you will use the damp towel to wipe away the adhesive.
7. Improve Your Mood
Ever heard of aromatherapy? Because smells go straight to the brain one of the benefits of lemon essential oil is how it elevates your mood. You diffuse the lemon oil into the air, and this will combat the effects of negative emotions like depression and even stress. Besides, another one of the benefits of lemon essential oil is how it boosts your immune system.
8. Eliminate Greasy Hair
Oily hair does nothing for a person’s appearance, and many people struggle to keep their hair clean. You can mix it with a base oil like apricot kernels, jojoba, avocado, olive oil or sweet almond. For treating your scalp one time, you will want to choose three of the essential oils. To give an example, you might use rosemary, lemon, and eucalyptus. Take five drops of each and use two tablespoons of the base oil.
If you have hair down to your back, you will most likely need to use more oil to apply it. You warm the oils in a bowl of boiling water, and after this, you will massage the oils into your scalp. Next, you wrap your head with a hot towel, and you leave it for a minimum of 15 minutes. You will repeat this process once or twice a week and watch the benefits of lemon essential oil unfold.
Whether you want a natural household cleaner or to uplift and rejuvenate your skin, lemon oil has many uses. The benefits of lemon essential oil depend on the purpose you want to use it for. If you have experience with using lemon essential oil, we’d love to hear how you used it. We invite you to share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below.
Image from depositphotos.com.