Bee pollen is a product of the honey bees and is the food of the young bee. It is an incredible substance greatly appreciated by the natural medicine due to its potential nutritional and medical applications. It contains about 250 substances such as proteins, amino acids, vitamins and folic acid among others. Health specialists have recommended it for an array of conditions such as cardiovascular diseases and nutritional deficiencies. The benefits of bee pollen are countless. But we will try to mention the most important ones.
This post provides you with the top ten benefits of bee pollen that you probably didn’t know. However, note that bee pollen is a quick fix remedy. Therefore, seek medical attention for severe conditions.
10 Sweet and Healthy Benefits of Bee Pollen
An Immune System Enhancer
Bee pollen strengthens your immune system by giving it vital ingredients such as B, C, D, and E vitamins. Protein, nucleic acids, and magnesium are also important elements you can find in the bee pollen. When taken regularly, it can help your body fight several diseases. According to Joseph Mercola, a holistic health doctor, bee pollen contains antibiotic properties that can help the body fight disease-causing viruses.
- To get the most out of bee pollen remedy, add a scoop of bee pollen to your daily smoothie.
- Alternatively, sprinkle it over your salad or dessert to reap its benefits.
It Works as an Energy Enhancer
Bee pollen provides the body with carbohydrates, proteins and B vitamins. these are key energy giving elements. Consuming bee pollen boosts your energy to up to 25 %. Therefore, it athletes have used it to increase physical stamina and fend off fatigue.
- Consuming a teaspoon of natural bee pellets every day will give you a direct energy boost.
A Natural Remedy for Allergies
The pollen constituents in bee pollen reduce histamine production usually responsible for many allergies. Bee pollen can be used to prevent hay fever.
- By taking it six weeks before the flowering season, you can ameliorate pollen or hay fever.
- This treatment method is called desensitization. It involves taking allergens (pollen) orally to stimulate the production of antibodies that will fight any allergic reaction.
Reverses the Symptoms Associated with Menopause
Research confirmed that bee pollen and honey help alleviate menopausal symptoms in breast cancer patients. When administered to patients under antihormonal treatment, it can help them cope with postmenopausal symptoms. In addition to that, studies have shown that bee pollen contains flavonoids. These could help prevent breast cancer for those without a history of the disease.
- Bee pollen works great with other prescriptions without causing allergic or hormonal reactions.
- To enjoy the full benefits of bee pollen, sprinkle it over your breakfast cereal or salad.
A Stress Reliever
Another benefit of bee pollen that science supports is in stress relief. Chinese medicine considers bee pollen a nutritive tonic that improves blood flow to the nervous system. This results in a peaceful state of mind and an overall heightened mood. It also strengthens the nervous system which stressful events may have weakened.
Taking bee pollen is great for enhancing mood and relieving stress. People with bipolar disorder can also have it on a regular basis to help the body bring hormones into balance.
Bee Pollen as a Dietary Supplement
Bee pollen is richer in protein compared to other animal sources. Half the amino acids present in it exist as free elements that can be readily absorbed by the body. The enzymes in bee pollen help promote digestion. Therefore, they are increasing your body’s capacity to make use of consumed food.
- To get the full benefits of bee pollen, mix a cup of almond milk, a cup of frozen organic blueberries, and one ripe banana.
- Add freshly chopped ginger and a teaspoon of bee pollen.
- Mix these ingredients into a smoothie and take it regularly.
Skin Soothing Aspects of Bee Pollen
Studies show that unhealthy and aging skin can be improved significantly through the consumption of bee pollen. It has antioxidant properties that combat free radicals caused by stress, pollutants and toxic substances in the environment. These are some of the substances that cause skin wrinkles.
- You can either take bee pollen internally or apply it externally to suppress the effects of skin acne.
- It also has skin healing properties because of its high composition of nucleic acids RNA and DNA. It stimulates skin rejuvenation at a cellular level resulting in a smooth skin with little or no blemish.
Benefits of Bee Pollen in Weight Control
Bee pollen has a significant role in weight control or stabilization routine as it stimulates the body’s metabolic process. Bee pollen enhances caloric burn. Therefore, it has been adopted as a solid weight loss food. Besides that, it contains lecithin that aids in the dissolution and flushing of fat from the body.
However, note that the use of bee pollen is only complimentary and doesn’t serve as a substitute for exercise or a healthy diet. The real benefit of bee pollen lies in its ability to increase the high-density lipoproteins (HDL), which protects against cholesterol accumulation.
Bee Pollen Improves Cardiovascular Function
Bee pollen is rich in rutin. These elements are strong antioxidants that promote the functioning of the cardiovascular system. It strengthens the capillaries and blood vessels effectively improving the flow of blood. In addition to that, it can prevent heart attack or stroke by its anti-clotting properties.
- Take a teaspoon of bee pollen granules first thing in the morning.
- You can also sprinkle the pellets over your salads or cereals.
Helps in Solving Prostate Related Problems
The benefits of bee pollen are far reaching particularly in the management of benign prostate hyperplasia. It has anti-inflammatory characteristics that can help reduce the urge to urinate. Bee pollen also soothes inflamed glands or urinary tract.
- Take a spoonful of bee pollen with a fruit 20-30 minutes before breakfast.
- Fruit fibers help maximize the performance of the fresh pollen.
These are some of the proven benefits of bee pollen. It is a safe, natural remedy that can be used together with other prescriptions. However, if you experience acute symptoms of a disease, seek immediate medical care.
Has bee pollen been your life saver? If you like to share your experiences with us, please leave a comment below.