Anti-aging products help fight against the effects that time has on all of us. They work by focusing on key areas associated with aging, and specific ingredients are used to get the job done. But how do you know which ingredients are best? If you want to find the right product that gives you the ingredients you need, check out our list of the best anti aging ingredients.
You may not consider sunscreen anti-aging, but protecting your skin from the harmful rays of the sun can keep your skin looking younger for longer. Sunscreen keeps your skin from prematurely wrinkling, sagging, or getting blotchy. You can find all types of products with SPF broad spectrum included. This makes it easy to use your anti-aging products without adding in an extra product.
- Ideal for everyday use, by adults and children with even the most sensitive skin
- Broad Spectrum UVA / UVB Protection, Water Resistant (80 Minutes)
- Hypoallergenic & made with reef friendly, vegan ingredients that are designed to protect against UVA rays, prevent premature aging, and moisturize skin. Parsol 1789 & Vitamin E Enriched
- Excludes ingredients that clog pores or causes common allergies - Non-comedogenic, Oxbenzone & Octinoxate Free, Paraben Free, Cruelty Free, Gluten Free, PABA free & Oil Free.
- Sun Bum follows the recommendations & guidelines set by the Skin Cancer Foundation (SCF) and the American Cancer Society. All of Sun Bum's Original line of sunscreens have been tested, approved, and recommended by the SCF.
- Fast-absorbing sunscreen lotion is designed for your active family and features a lightweight, Oil-Free, and PABA-free formula
- Superior sun protection from the #1 dermatologist recommended suncare brand in a lightweight sunscreen lotion formula that absorbs quickly and is easy to apply
How it works: Sunscreen contains molecules called UV filters, which absorb and turn-away those UV rays from the sun. Look for products with an SPF of at least 15. You should use an SPF product every time you are going out in the sun, and it can be reapplied every 2 hours. You can also find hydrating or treatment creams, as well as SPF-infused foundations, so check the label.
Antioxidants are great for the health of just about everything in your body, but they are definitely one of the best anti aging ingredients on the list. These ingredients are present in most plants and fight against particles that harm the DNA inside of cells. This means that they can not only slow the effects of aging but also repair present damage. Antioxidants include caffeine, coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10), green tea extract, and acai oil.
How it works: Antioxidants are safe to use on most skin-types as they are derived from natural compounds. You can add more antioxidants to your diet to help your skin or use products with antioxidants as part of your daily routine.
3. Alpha Hydroxy Acids
These acids, like glycolic acid, help fade discoloration, smooth-out lines, and add radiance to the skin. It also enhances and allows other ingredients in the products to work better and penetrate faster. In comparison to scrubs and other exfoliants, these acid-peels break down the dead cells on the skin easier. These are most often found in anti-aging peel products, but it’s one of the best anti aging ingredients out there.
How it works: Alpha hydroxy acids should not be used every day, since they are really strong. Only use these products twice a week. If you have sensitive skin, allergies, or see new skin irritation during use, discontinue immediately.
4. Jojoba Oil
If you’re looking for one of the best anti aging ingredients that can work for everyone, try something with jojoba oil in it. This oil is naturally-found and extracted from plants found in the desert. It’s technically a vegetable wax that also happens to be rich in zinc, B-complex vitamins, and vitamin E. It can lighten and even-out skin tone, minimize puffiness or bags, and also control acne.
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC JOJOBA OIL by USDA - the strict oversight of USDA ensures the integrity of our Organic Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil. In other words, it's really 100% ORGANIC.
- 100% PURE, ONLY ONE INGREDIENT - Our Premium Jojoba Oil Organic is 100% Pure & Natural - No Additives, No Chemicals, No Alcohol, No Fragrance and Not Diluted (Jojoba Plant: Simmondsia Chinensis).
- CLIGANIC 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - RISK FREE! We put a lot of effort into manufacturing quality products that will meet our customers' expectations. And we stand behind every item that we make, 100%. If you are not satisfied completely with your purchase, we will be happy to replace it or issue you a full refund.
- MULTIPURPOSE OIL, BEST BENEFITS - Best Jojoba Oil for Face, Hair & Body. The Jojoba Essential Oil has remarkable effects on the skin, scalp, beard and hair, and It can be used for all skin types. Light-weight, Unrefined and fast absorbing, it's gentle enough to be used on even the most sensitive skin. Can also be used for facial acne or as jojoba oil for ear stretching, jojoba facial oil, jojoba hair oil, jojoba oil makeup remover, jojoba for nails or even as jojoba massage oil.
- PREMIUM BRAND, BOTTLED IN THE USA - Cliganic Organic Unrefined Jojoba Oil is bottled in the USA with the highest standards. Our production process takes the dessert essence, giving you premium 100% pure organic oil. It is NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS now with the Cruelty Free Certification.
- Certified Organic - 100% Pure
- Organic Moisturizing Oil - For Skin, Hair & Body
How it works: Jojoba oil is great for most people, since it’s a natural ingredient. It is safe to use daily as part of your routine, in lotions, moisturizers, cleansers, serums, treatments, and more. Jojoba oil is especially great for acne-prone/oily skin.
This ingredient blocks the enzyme that triggers the production of melanin in your skin. It is considered the most effective ingredient when discussing the bleaching of skin, since it can even-out blotches, uneven skin, and sun spots. It’s mild enough to be used as part of your daily skin routine, though you won’t want to over-do it.
How it works: You’ll want to use this ingredient as a spot treatment. It’s great for brightening certain areas to help even-out tone. Hydroquinone should be used after cleansing and moisturizing, but before foundation or other makeup is added to the face.
Biotin is also known as vitamin H and it’s part of the B-complex group of vitamins. Without the proper amount of biotin, you could experience dry skin, cracking around the eyes or mouth, fine lines, and more. It is found naturally in a variety of foods and can ensure your skin cells reproduce properly.
- FEATURES: High Potency Biotin 5000mcg in cold-pressed Organic Coconut Oil
- BENEFITS: May help to support Healthy Hair, Skin and nails*
- PREMIUM: The Only Non-GMO Project Verified veggie Biotin softgel available
- QUALITY: Manufactured, Packaged, and Bottled in the USA. 3rd Party non-GMO tested by the IGEN program
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: All Sports Research (SR) products come with a 90 day Money Back Guarantee.**
- Featuring 10,000mcg of Biotin per mini-veggie softgel with Cold-Pressed Organic Coconut Oil.
- Biotin may help increase nail strength and nail growth reducing brittleness. Biotin may also help hair to appear fuller and healthier.*
- NON-GMO Project Verified and Formulated without Gluten, Preservatives, Soy, Artificial Colorings, fillers or Stearates.
- Sports Research products are manufactured in a GMP certified facility complying to the strictest cGMP standards to ensure quality, safety, and label accuracy.*
- 90-Day Money-Back Guarantee! If you don't see results within 90 days, simply return your product for a refund.* GUARANTEE: 90-Day Money-Back Guarantee! If you don't see results within 90 days, simply return your Biotin for a full refund of your purchase price.^
How it works: Biotin may be harder to find in personal care products like lotions or creams, but it’s easily found in supplements or multivitamins. Though biotin is natural, always consult a doctor before changing anything about your diet.
One of the most commonly-known ingredients, retinol comes from vitamin-A. Different forms of retinol are considered the best anti aging ingredients around, since they can do a variety of things. It gets rid of dead skin cells, boosts collagen and elastin, and speeds up your skin’s cell regeneration. It can also increase the formation of blood vessels by boosting your circulation.
How it works: Retinols can be found in most types of anti-aging products, from moisturizers and serums, to makeup and cleansers. They can be both mild and strong forms, and you should be mindful of other ingredients in these products when considering allergies or sensitivities.
8. Hyaluronic Acid
This powerful moisturizer is one of the best anti aging ingredients out there. It can hold up to 1,000x its own weight in water, so it’s key in keeping skin soft and supple. Hyaluronic acid is found naturally in the body and is a great alternative to permanent, cosmetic solutions.
How it works: Hyaluronic acid typically works well on most skin types. It should not affect allergies and can be used in conjunction with other ingredients/products. Since it’s mostly moisture-based, you should use this ingredient twice each day.
Whether you’re looking to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, improve the tone of your skin, or just feel softer and younger, the items you’ve found on this list are the best anti-aging ingredients out there. These ingredients will help you feel younger and healthier in no time at all and can provide you with exactly what you specifically need. Try one or more of these ingredients and let us know, which one works best for you?