Bordered by Jordan to the east and Israel and Palestine to the west, the Dead Sea is one of the most notorious bodies of water in the world. Without a doubt, one of its most important characteristics is its high concentration of salt. However, it’s important to note that the salt that can be found in the Dead Sea is not regular salt by any means.
Rich in various minerals and other beneficial substances, Dead Sea salt has properties that no other type of salt in the world has. Furthermore, it can be used by people to obtain a series of benefits.
- Dead sea salt scrub made in Israel
- contains dead sea salts with aromatic oil
- extra rich formula with oil on top
- label styles may vary
- NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
1. Dead Sea Salt Is Great for the Skin
To the delight of many, Dead Sea salt has been proven to improve skin hydration. As a result, the health, look and feel of the skin are greatly improved, reducing redness and roughness alike. These beneficial properties are caused by the magnesium that exists in high amounts within Dead Sea salt.
In order to enjoy this benefit, you only need to submerge your body in water treated with this salt. After only 15 minutes of submersion, the effects will be clearly visible. After bonding itself with the molecules of water, this element becomes able to penetrate the skin, subsequently improving its absorption and permeability.
Apart from the aforementioned magnesium, Dead Sea salt is incredibly rich in minerals such as zinc and bromide. When allowed to penetrate the skin, these substances act as anti-inflammatory agents. This makes this particular type of sea salt incredibly useful for helping reduce discomfort and pain throughout the entire body.
- One 2lb bag containing pure unscented Dead Sea salt for foot and bath soaks
- Softens and beautifies the skin!
- Contains 21 naturally occurring minerals including magnesium, potassium, calcium, sulfur and zinc!
- Many skin conditions are linked with deficiency in these naturally occurring minerals.
2. It Helps Maintaining Oral Health
Another natural mineral that is contained in Dead Sea salt is fluoride. As is widely known, fluoride helps protect the teeth from acidic substances that can cause caries and cavities. In addition, due to its previously described anti-inflammatory properties, Dead Sea salt can help improve the condition of mouth sores, bleeding gums and ulcers.
3. Dead Sea Salt Disinfects and Cleanses
Many people have the misconception that sea salt is a single, pure substance. The reality is that sea salt is made of various types of salts and small amounts of other substances. Some of the substances that comprise Dead Sea salt, albeit in small amounts, are sulfur salts. These salts have excellent antibacterial properties that can help cleanse and disinfect the skin. As a result, they are incredibly useful for treating conditions such as oily skin and acne.
- Dead Sea bath salt (1000g) Bulk Pack x 6 Super Savings
4. It Can Help You Exfoliate
Due to its unique texture and density, Dead Sea salt is an excellent exfoliator. If used correctly, it can help you get rid of the dead skin cells that, when accumulated, create skin roughness, clogged pores and blemishes. Simply combine a one-quarter cup of coconut oil with a one-half cup of finely ground Dead Sea salt.
5. It Helps Combat the Effects of Aging on Skin
Researchers that set out to evaluate the effects of Dead Sea salt on aging bodies found that it helps the skin regain elasticity. As a result, it can help smooth out both fine lines and deeper wrinkles. To reach this conclusion, scientists compared a commercial anti-wrinkle gel, a placebo and a 1% Dead Sea salt solution.
The result was outstanding. While the other two solutions only helped improve skin roughness by 27% and 10% respectively, Dead Sea salt solution improved the condition in 40%. In addition, Dead Sea salt can help improve the circulation throughout your entire body, which has a positive effect on the skin.
6. Dead Sea Salt Helps Cure Dermatological Conditions
In recent years, Dead Sea salt has been widely used as a treatment for skin conditions such as psoriasis and atopic dermatitis. In the case of the former, it has been shown that bathing for 20 minutes in water treated with Dead Sea salt reduces sensitivity in proriasis patients by a mean percentage of 34.8 percent.
Lastly, Dead Sea salt can be used as part of a practice called climatotherapy. This practice has been proven to be able to greatly reduce symptoms associated with the condition such as dryness, redness, swelling and flaking.
- OPTICALLY CLEANED with SaltWorks' proprietary air jet technology, this is the most pure certified authentic Dead Sea salt available on the market
- UNBLENDED AND RICH IN NATURALLY-OCCURRING MINERALS, SaltWorks' trademarked Bokek salt harvested in Israel assists in cleansing, detoxifying, and restoring a healthy status quo to the skin and muscles
- ORGANIC COMPLIANT and produced entirely without caking agents or other contaminants
- PERFECT FOR USE in spa treatments and therapeutic-grade Dead Sea bath salts and scrubs
- KOSHER CERTIFIED, not to mention all-natural, organic compliant, Allergen and cruelty-free and devoid of genetically modified organisms (GMOs)
7. It Calms Rheumatoid Arthritis
As its sufferers know perhaps too well, rheumatoid arthritis is a condition that produces a painful swelling of the joints. Over time, it may lead to bone erosion and deformity. Luckily, Dead Sea salt has proven to be an effective aid in the treatment of this debilitating condition.
Various studies have proven that patients who bathe in water treated with this type of salt every day for at least 20 minutes experience significant improvements in their rheumatoid arthritis. In fact, a majority of patients reported a partial or total recovery from symptoms such as morning stiffness. Others reported a marked improved in their 15-meter walk time, hand-grip strength, the number of active joints and the general activities of daily living.
- RELIEVE PSORIASIS, ECZEMA & ACNE: A safe, natural alternative to treating skin conditions. According to published studies, about 80%-90% of psoriasis patients visiting the Dead Sea for treatment, experience significant improvement of their skin. Available in Fine (0-1.7 mm).
- CLEANSE, SOFTEN AND DETOXIFY SKIN: Dead Sea Salt's unique mineral composition gives this salt its therapeutic qualities for skin care. While most sea salts are primarily Sodium Chloride; Dead Sea Salt is comprised of 21 beneficial minerals including: Magnesium, Potassium, Calcium, Bromide and Sulfur.
- HIGH MINERAL CONTENT FOR BATHING ONLY: Dead Sea Salt is for BATH/SPA use only and is NOT a food-grade salt suitable for consumption.
- CERTIFIED AUTHENTIC - ALL NATURAL: Our Minera Dead Sea Salt is the same 100% pure, mineral-rich salt used in spas and treatment centers around the Dead Sea in Israel. Minera Dead Sea Salt has NOT been mineral depleted or blended with other salts as many "Dead Sea Salts" sold on the market today.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Here at the San Francisco Salt Company we are confident that you will be completely satisfied with our products, which is why we stand behind every single item that we sell. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase reach out to us directly and we will make it right.
8. Dead Sea Salt Soothes Sore Muscles
Finally, Dead Sea salt has been proven effective in improving muscular conditions, including cramps, soreness and sensitivity. Consequently, this type of salt has been used to help treat fibromyalgia, a painful condition that has constant muscle soreness and fatigue as two of its most notorious symptoms.
Incredibly, salt that comes from the Dead Sea has also been shown to provide relief for other symptoms of fibromyalgia such as memory impairment, anxiety, headaches and sleep problems.
After going through this guide, the reasons why Dead Sea salt receives so much praise become very clear. In combination with other medicinal substances and specific treatments, it can help treat and even cure a myriad of conditions. Have you had any experience with Dead Sea salt? If so, let us know in the comments!
Image Source: DepositPhotos