Need a protein boost without animal products? Try vegan protein powders that are crafted from vegan protein sources. As more people realize the benefits of a plant-based diet, there are many more varieties of protein powders available in the market today. Vegan protein powders often contain a blend of high-quality protein sources derived from plants, nuts, whole grains, and seeds.
Keep reading for our Orgain organic protein powder review. As part of our Orgain organic protein powder review, we dig deeper into the vital parameters of this vegan protein powder, including its ingredients, taste, nutrient profile, taste, mixability, etc. We’re also giving a comparison of the Orgain organic protein powder with similar products to help you decide which product is best for you.
What Is Orgain Organic Protein Powder?
In the market flooded with protein powders and meal replacement shakes, the Orgain Organic Protein Powder stands out an organic protein powder made with clean ingredients. This delicious organic plant based protein powder fuels your body with optimum nutrition to help you get through power workouts. Perfect to add to your morning smoothie or a mid-morning shake, the Orgain Organic Protein Powder has high-quality vegan protein, with no added sugar or artificial sweeteners.
Orgain Organic Protein Powder Review: How It Works
Protein is an essential macronutrient that helps in weight loss and building muscle. If you’re on a fitness quest of building lean muscle, a protein shake most likely is an integral part of your diet plan. Orgain Protein Powder has an impressive macronutrient profile, serving up 21g of vegan protein and contains only 150 calories per serving. With a complete amino acid profile that delivers very high-quality protein, Orgain organic protein powder helps manage weight, build lean muscle, and aids post-workout recovery by reducing muscle soreness and fatigue.
This protein powder is completely plant-based and is a great source of clean, vegan protein. Use the Orgain organic protein powder as part of a healthy weight loss diet plan. The high quality protein found in this supplement keeps you full for longer, reducing cravings, and preventing mindless snacking. Use this protein shake before a workout for increased energy and efficiency. This protein powder helps you refuel after a workout. The unique blend of fruits and veggies found in this protein powder boost digestion and are a good source of probiotics.
As part of our Orgain organic protein powder review, we’ve included a detailed analysis of the ingredients, taste, and nutrient profile of this product below.
This protein powder is 100% plant-based and vegan. It’s made using only organic ingredients like pea protein, brown rice protein, chia seeds, rice bran extract, and a mix of natural flavors. This protein powder is non-GMO and contains no added sugar. Gluten and soy-free, this product is a great option if you’re following a vegan lifestyle or have food allergies.
The Orgain organic protein powder delivers a good dose of essential macronutrients, including 21 grams of protein, 4g fat, 15g carbs, 5 grams organic fiber, and 150 calories per two scoops.
Most users find that Orgain protein powder has a mildly sweet and nutty taste that’s pleasant and not too overpowering. The mild taste of this protein powder makes it ideal to blend into your fruit and veggie smoothies. It mixes well with water or any plant-based milk and has a rich creamy texture, making it a delicious protein drink.
Orgain organic protein powder costs around $25.00 for a 2LB canister on Amazon. You can also find this protein powder for similar price in Costco, Target, etc. Going by the Amazon price, you’ll be shelling out around $0.8 per ounce, which is quite reasonable when compared to other organic vegan protein powders in the same segment, which can cost anywhere between $1.00-$2.00 per ounce.
How It Compares
We picked a few similar products available on the market to see how they compare:
- Nuzest Clean Lean Protein
- PlantFusion Complete Plant Based Pea Protein Powder
- Organic Paleo Grain Free Plant Based Protein Powder
- Includes 1 (2.03 Pound) Orgain Organic Plant Based Vanilla Bean Protein Powder
- 21 grams of organic plant based protein (pea, brown rice, chia seeds), 5 grams of organic dietary fiber, 5 grams of net carbs, 0 grams of sugar, 150 calories per serving
- USDA organic, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, lactose free, low net carbs, no added sugar, soy free, kosher, non GMO, carrageenan free, and no artificial ingredients
- Mix with water, milk, or your favorite protein shake recipe for a quick breakfast or snack drink. Use when bakin grams to give your cakes, muffins, brownies, or cookies a protein and energy boost
- Ideal for healthy, on the go nutrition for men, women, and kids. These are great for meal replacement, smoothie boosters, buildin grams lean muscle, muscle recovery, and pre or post workouts
Ease of Use
We give this protein powder 5 stars for ease of use because it mixes well in smoothies, plant milks, and even water to give you a smooth and creamy delicious-tasting protein drink.
Orgain organic protein powder is available in two yummy flavors: Vanilla Bean and Creamy Chocolate Fudge. We give it 4 stars because both these versions are universally liked, and have the perfect balance of flavors.
Orgain protein powder has the best quality, USDA-certified, organic, vegan protein sources, and a nutrient-rich blend of organic greens. It contains no added sugar and is gluten, lactose, and soy-free.
Based on our Orgain organic protein powder review, we love the high quality and natural ingredients used in this protein powder and give it 5 stars.
- PREMIUM PLANT PROTEIN: Clean Lean Protein is not just any protein; it comes from the highest quality European Golden peas grown in France.
- SMOOTH & DELICIOUS: Not chalky, gritty, or pea-y. Our protein is smooth, mild, and delicious. Plus, it contains no sugar, stevia, or artificial sweeteners.
- LOW CARB & HIGH PROTEIN: With 19 grams of protein per 25-gram serving, less than 3 grams of carbs, and only 90 calories, our protein is one of the leanest and most potent plant-based proteins on the market. Plus, it has a complete amino acid profile!
- MADE FOR YOU: No matter if you are vegan, vegetarian, or follow a gluten-free, or ketogenic diet, or omnivorous diet, our plant-based protein is easy to digest and gentle on your tummy.
- FREE OF NASTIES: Vegan and free of dairy, soy, gluten, GMOs, gums, lectins and other anti-nutrients, fillers, and artificial ingredients. Nuzest guarantees that you'll love this product or your money back! The Nuzest USA guarantee applies to verified purchases from seller "Nuzest USA" only.. Nuzest guarantees that you'll love this product or your money back! The Nuzest USA guarantee applies to verified purchases from seller "Nuzest USA" only.
As part of our Orgain organic protein powder review, we’re also exploring the Nuzest Clean Lean Protein powder to see how it measures up in the same category of products.
This protein powder is 100% plant-based and vegan. It’s made from pea protein isolate with peas grown in France. This product contains no artificial flavors, colors, ingredients, or preservatives.
Free of common allergens like soy, wheat, and dairy, the Nuzest Clean Lean Protein powder is suitable for almost anyone, including children, seniors, athletes, and also those with a sensitive digestive system.
The Nuzest Clean Lean Protein powder delivers an impressive 20 grams of protein per two scoops. Unlike, other protein powders in the market, this one is a great low-carb option, with just 1 gram carb per serving. The most important nutrition feature that impressed us was that this protein powder delivers all nine essential amino acids, making it a great source of complete vegan protein.
Nuzest Clean Lean Protein powder comes in five flavors: Just Natural, Smooth Vanilla, Real Coffee, Rich Chocolate, Wild Strawberry. The flavors of this protein powder can be little too sweet, and the texture is a bit chalky.
Ease of Use
We give this protein powder 4 stars for ease of use since it easily blends into smoothies or can be mixed with water, coconut water, or a plant-derived for a protein-rich drink. We love this product’s versatility as a protein enhancing ingredient in cookies, granola, pies, etc.
This protein powder is available in five different flavors, including Just Natural, Smooth Vanilla, Real Coffee, Rich Chocolate, Wild Strawberry. It gets 5 stars from us for variety since you can try out an assortment of flavors, making it an interesting addition to your diet.
The Nuzest Clean Lean Protein powder contains the world’s best quality vegetable protein – pea protein in an easily digestible form. We’re giving this protein powder 5 stars since it contains only a single vegan protein source, which supplies all nine essential nine amino acids. The fact that’s naturally sweetened with a plant-derived protein gives it more brownie points. It’s 100% vegan, with no artificial colors, preservatives, or fillers.
- NO CHEAP FILLERS! – Certified Non-GMO, Gluten Free and Vegan-friendly protein powder that you can feel good about. As part of our Purity Promise we are also committed to being non-dairy, non-soy, non-whey, and free of rice, eggs, nuts, fish, tree nuts, shellfish, artificial flavors and colors.
- SUSTAINS ENERGY – Our naturally flavored vanilla protein powder for men and women is packed with 21g of plant-based proteins including peas, artichokes, algae and organic superfoods, all hand-selected as part of our Select Source process.
- BUILDS & REPAIRS MUSCLE – Amino acid infused protein blend for complete balance. The only plant protein powder that compares to animal proteins like whey.
- EASY TO DIGEST – Fortified with digestive enzymes, dairy free, soy free, gluten free, and free of many other major allergens.
- NATURALLY DELICIOUS - Our Flavor Pure blend contains no artificial flavors or sweeteners and consistently ranks as one of the best tasting protein shakes by consumers. 2 Lb tub contains 30 healthy delicious servings.
As part of our Orgain organic protein powder review, we’re also looking closely at the PlantFusion Complete Plant Based Pea Protein Powder to see how it fares in comparison to similar products.
This protein powder is made from a blend of vegan protein sources like sprouted amaranth grains, pea protein, algae protein, artichoke protein, and sprouted quinoa. Manufactured in a sanitized facility, this protein powder is free of rice, eggs, nuts, and is non-dairy, non-soy, and non-whey. There are no nasty additives like artificial preservatives or colors. This product is naturally sweetened with premium ingredients sourced from all over the world. Exotic fruits and roots like Monk fruit, Yacon root, and Lucuma fruit are used to add a mildly sweet flavor. The natural fruit extract also makes this protein powder rich in antioxidants and other nutrients.
PlantFusion Complete Plant Based Pea Protein Powder delivers 21 grams of protein per scoop, which is pretty high when compared to other vegan protein powders. It’s about 120 calories per scoop and has 2 grams of carbs per scoop. The carbohydrate content of this protein powder is relatively high compared to similar products, but we love the blend of digestive enzymes it contains, making it easy for your body to absorb the good stuff from it.
Using choicest flavoring agents like Vanilla bean from Madagascar and cocoa from Spain, the PlantFusion Complete Plant Based Pea Protein Powder has the perfect balance of delicate flavors and is pleasantly sweet tasting.
Ease of Use
We give this product 4 stars for ease of use since it blends well with water and most plant-based milks to create a creamy blend with no lumps or particles.
Available in 5 delicious flavors, including Creamy Vanilla Bean, Rich Chocolate, Red Velvet Cake, Natural, and Cookies and Cream, this protein powder gets a 5 star from us. There are plenty of exotic flavors to choose from with this protein powder.
This protein powder has all-natural vegan protein sources including like sprouted amaranth grains, pea protein, algae protein, artichoke protein, and sprouted quinoa. However, we’re unsure if this protein powder supplies all the nine essential amino acids required to satisfy the body’s protein needs, hence we’re going with a rating of 4.
- NOT ALL PLANT PROTEINS ARE CREATED EQUAL. Many plant protein supplements on the market are rice based or heavy on grains and just altogether insufficient in their amino acid profile to build lean muscle. Until now. With Peak Performance COMPLETE Organic Plant Protein you can get a diverse blend of plant protein amino acids that are rich in antioxidants, fibers and omega 3’s to promote muscle building + lean muscle tissue and help maintain a healthy immune system.
- IMPORTANT - MOST SUPPLEMENTS ARE NOT 3RD PARTY TESTED! This is a dirty secret that many supplement companies don't want you to know that their products are NOT independently 3rd party tested outside of their own facilities. Why? Because it's an extra out of pocket expense to conduct 3rd party testing and most companies will not sacrifice their profit. But NOT us. Peak Performance is committed to the HIGHEST STANDARDS and this product is 3rd party tested to ensure it is 100% SAFE FOR YOU.
- WHAT’S IN YOUR PLANT PROTEIN POWDER? Unlike traditional plant protein powders packed with grains and rice (which are the lowest quality of plant protein), we focus on Organic Pea Protein, Organic Hemp Protein, Organic Sacha Inchi, Organic Pumpkin Protein, Organic White Chia Protein, Organic Moringa - all of which contain a diverse blend of muscle building amino acids, antioxidants, fibers, omega 3’s. The Peak Performance Plant Protein mixes well, tastes great and is very digestible.
- HIGHEST QUALITY INGREDIENTS WITH NO ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS + LESS THAN 1 GRAM SUGAR. We NEVER use artificial sugars, added sweeteners or refined flour. We ONLY use the highest quality REAL Food ingredients that are Non GMO, Gluten free, easily digestible & gut friendly. Comes in tasty CHOCOLATE and VANILLA flavor.
- 100% HAPPINESS GUARANTEED. If you don’t absolutely LOVE this protein supplement.. For ANY reason whatsoever, simply send us a message and we will be happy to offer you a fast, prompt refund. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Made for busy professionals, moms on-the-go, entrepreneurs, and health conscious individuals who want to MENTALLY and PHYSICALLY perform at their highest levels everyday.
As part of our Orgain organic protein powder review, we’re also evaluating the Organic Paleo Grain Free Plant Based Protein Powder to compare it with other vegan protein powders.
If you’re looking for a vegan protein powder that contains high-quality protein and is grain-free, we recommend giving Organic Paleo Grain Free Plant Based Protein Powder a try. This protein powder is formulated with a unique blend of seven nutritious plant proteins, derived from organic seed proteins, including organic pea seed, organic hempseed, organic pumpkin seed, organic chia seed, and organic moringa. This protein powder contains no artificial sweeteners, refined flour, and is gluten and GMO-free.
This protein powder provides 18 grams of easily digestible plant protein, less than 1 gram of sugar, 4 grams of carbs, and 117 calories per two scoops. We love the fact that this protein powder contains a diverse blend of plant-based amino acids that promote lean muscle. This antioxidant-rich formula strengthens your immune system. This protein powder contains less than 1 gram of sugar per serving, though it has a slightly higher carb count.
Most consumers report that they love the mild-tasting sweet flavor of this protein powder with a hint of vanilla or chocolate. It has a smooth texture and is perfect for breakfast and meal replacement smoothies.
Ease of Use
This protein powder blends well with water and dairy-free milks to make deliciously smooth and creamy smoothies. We give it 4 stars since it blends well with most plant-based milks.
The Organic Paleo Grain Free Plant Based Protein Powder is currently available only in two flavors: Chocolate and Vanilla. We give it 3 stars because other products in the same category come in a wider range of flavors.
We’re going with a 5 stars for the ingredients in this protein powder. We love that this product is grain-free, and is made with organic seed proteins that deliver an amazing amino acid profile.
The impressive blend of protein rich seeds makes this protein powder suited for a range of special dietary needs like gluten-free, paleo, keto, etc.
Overall we give the Orgain Organic Protein Powder 4 stars out of 5. We love this protein powder for its list of clean vegan ingredients and its impressive protein content. This product delivers great value for money, and is a great option for those looking for a pleasant-tasting, organic, and vegan protein powder.
Featured Image Source: pixabay