Avoid Symptoms of Low Progesterone
Symptoms of low progesterone are many and if you’re past your mid-30s you probably have suffered some of these symptoms. Known as the “feel good hormone of pregnancy”, progesterone is essential to a woman’s health.
“Progesterone” comes from the word “gestation” meaning pregnancy. Progesterone prepares the lining of the uterus for implantation of the fertilized egg. In the event of pregnancy, progesterone levels increase to very high levels maintaining the uterine lining during pregnancy. Many women feel great during pregnancy and progesterone is responsible for these positive feelings and emotions.
Progesterone provides many other important health benefits. It regulates the menstrual cycle along with estrogen. Progesterone is produced in the ovaries and adrenal glands. Like other hormones, progesterone exerts it effects through receptors on the cells. There are progesterone receptors in the uterus, breast, vagina, blood vessels, and brain. That’s why low progesterone levels have wide-spread effects.
- LEADING FORMULA FOR A GENTLE, NATURAL ALTERNATIVE TO FEMALE BALANCE.
- LIPOSOME TECHNOLOGY FOR FAST ABSORPTION AND RESULTS.
- 100% NATURALLY DERIVED BIOIDENTICAL PROGESTERONE FROM WILD YAM.
- UP TO 65 USES! 1300 MG OF PROGESTERONE.
- NO PARABENS, NO ARTIFICIAL COLORS, NO PHENOXYETHANO AND NO FRAGRANCES.
Progesterone counteracts the effects of estrogen. Estrogens have proliferative effects on the body, meaning estrogens promote tissue growth. Progesterone counter-balances these proliferative effects and provides protection against uterine cancer and breast cancer, as well as protection against osteoporosis, and heart disease.
Progesterone production naturally begins to decline when women reach their mid-30s. It has a calming effect, and you may have noticed or heard that many women begin to experience some level of anxiety once they get past their mid-30s. Low progesterone is one of the reasons.
Symptoms of low progesterone are due to the low progesterone itself but can also be related to an the imbalance between estrogen and progesterone as progesterone levels drop relative to estrogen, or what is known as estrogen dominance.
- WHY PROGESTERONE CREAM, PROGESTO-LIFE?: Women deficient in Progesterone commonly use Progesto-Life with great results. Progesto-Life may provide support for women who are dealing with Menopause, PCOS, Vaginal Dryness, Insomnia, Low Libido, Acne, Mood, Energy, TTC.
- UNMATCHED QUALITY: Our Paraben-Free, Propylene Glycol-Free, Non-GMO, Soy-Free, Progesto-Life contains BioIdentical, Micronized Progesterone USP. It is Fragrance-Free, not tested on animals, features discrete packaging, and is produced in a facility that adheres to FDA-GMP practices.
- ELITE FORMULATION: Contains 2000 mg of Micronized Progesterone (Certified USP) in a 4 ounce pump; ~21mg of Progesterone USP per serving.
- MENOPAUSE TRIO: For maximum results use Progesto-Life in conjunction with Estro-Life and our DIM. After adding Progesto-Life to your cart, simply select, "From Smoky Mountain Nutrition' on the top of this page for other products!
- 90-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: All Smoky Mountain Naturals' products are backed by our no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee.
Symptoms of Low Progesterone Symptoms of Estrogen Dominance
Sleep disturbances or insomnia Breast tenderness
Miscarriages/infertility Mood swings
Painful or lumpy breasts Foggy thinking
Unexplained weight gain Weepiness/crying
Headaches Migraine headaches
Progesterone has a calming effect on the body. Progesterone is typically the first of the sex hormones to decline in women. Have you noticed that many women are started on drugs to treat depression and anxiety as they get past their mid-30s? Low progesterone can lead to depression and anxiety. This drop in progesterone can occur in a woman’s 30s and some times even younger. Progesterone replacement exerts effects on the brain similar to that seen with antidepressant and anti-anxiety medications. Progesterone replacement taken at night can be useful in women with sleep issues.
So if you’re feeling anxious and/or depressed be sure to have your progesterone levels measured.
- MADE IN THE USA - Proven that 97.6% of women (and men) who use Progest, and follow our simple step-by-step instructions, show significant signs of improvement within days! Contains NO parabens, petroleum, mineral oils, or animal bi-products, and instead relies on active botanical and organic ingredients such as Avocado Oil, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Vit A , Chamomile, and Aloe Vera Gel that also soothe the skin with each application.
- NO PHENOXYETHANOL - PROGEST does NOT include Phenoxyethanol. Phenoxyethanol is a lead based derivative of a compound used by gas and oil refineries. Using this dangerous compound changes the biochemistry in your body and completely counteracts the effectiveness of Progesterone.
- FREE COPY OF OUR BOOK - Written by a world renowned ortho-molecular scientist and naturopath, specializing in ACTUALLY healing at a cellular level (unlike your psychiatrist who simply prescribes drugs to mask symptoms). This book is the missing link that guides you through how to truly heal your body. It is packed with tips from nutrition, cellular healing, and biochemstry that you won't get anywhere else, and ultimately guiding you to your desired results.
- EASY APPLICATION & QUICK ABSORPTION - One press of the simple-to-use pump dispenses 20mg of USP progesterone cream (ours is classified as the highest quality available, based on its strength & purity). Simply rub this all-natural balancing cream on your skin and you're done. Formulated for DEEP Moisturization and Quick Absorption.
- ALL NATURAL SUPPLEMENT FOR - Menopause/Pre-menopause/Post-menopause/Perimenopause, depression, headaches/menstrual migraines, period regulation (heavy bleeding and clots), bloating, menstrual cramps, decreased sexual drive, depressed energy & motivation (brain fog), hair loss/thinning, hormone imbalances, weight gain and low libido, wrinkles, vaginal dryness, painful intercourse, labial adhesion, & Atrophic Vaginitis.
A Word on Progesterone Replacement Therapy
Here’s one take home message. Progestins are not the same as progesterone even though they are used to treat low progesterone. Progestins have a much different chemical structure than progesterone, and more importantly, a much different effect on the body than bioidentical progesterone. While progestins protect the uterus from endometrial cancer, that’s where the similarities with bioidentical progesterone end. Progestins frequently cause bloating, headache, fatigue, weight gain, depression, and premenstrual symptoms by stimulating estrogen receptors, and therefore appear to also increase the risk of breast cancer. Oral contraceptives typically contained progestins which by their vary nature are synthetic compounds.
The word “synthetic” is frequently used in discussing hormone replacement therapy. When discussing hormones “synthetic” means man-made. This is not necessarily a bad thing. The more important consideration is whether or not a hormone is bioidentical or not. Bioidentical hormones can be natural or synthetic. Bioidentical means a hormone as the exact same chemical structure as the hormone produced in the human body.
Premarin is a natural hormone produced by pregnant mares, and in fact, contains several equine hormones of which only a few are similar to female hormones produced by women. So even though Premarin is natural it would be considered less healthy than a bioidentical synthetic hormone prescribe to women.
Prometrium is a synthetic progesterone but it is bioidentical and can be obtained at a regular pharmacy. Compounding pharmacies specialize in compounding bioidentical hormones. Many natural progesterone compounds can be found over the counter. These products usually are derivatives of yams (synthetic bioidentical progesterone is made from yams). These products in a sense are pro hormones which may or may not get converted into progesterone was absorbed in the body. If you want to raise your progesterone you are best off to get a prescription for a bioidentical progesterone rather than relying on these over the counter natural progesterone creams.
- Treats symptoms associated with imbalanced Estrogen and Progesterone including Sexual Function and Desire, Hot Flashes and Night Sweats, Hair Loss, and Sleeplesness
- For almost 20 years ProBLEN Estprogen / Progesterone has been the best and safest Bioidentical Estrogen / Progesterone Booster on the market
- ProBLEN Estrogen / Progesterone is a sublingual spray that offers the quickest absorption rate available.
- 90 day Money Back Guarantee!
- FDA Registered Bioidentical homeopathic formula made to maximize your results.
To learn more about the differences between progestins and progesterone see this article of ours.
There’s been a tendency to only replace estrogen in women without a uterus (since there is no concern of endometrial cancer from opposed estrogen therapy). But, given the wide array of benefits of progesterone women without a uterus should consider progesterone replacement therapy, too.
Treating Symptoms of Low Progesterone
Bioidentical progesterone and estroges in combination have been shown to improve HDL or good cholesterol, while lowering the LDL or bad cholesterol. The two hormones also work synergistically to improve bone density. Progesterone stimulates bone formation while estrogen prevents bone resorption. Progesterone relaxes uterine muscles alleviating menstrual cramps and relaxes the smooth muscles of the blood vessels. This improves blood flow to the heart and other organs including the skin restoring that youthful glow to a woman’s appearance. See How to Overcome Estrogen Deficiency Symptoms to learn more about low estrogen symptoms.
- Ingredients: Fractionated Coconut Oil, Progesterone - Hypoallergic Progesterone, USP, Pharmaceutical Grade, Bioidentical Natural Progesterone 800 mg/oz Double Strength, Independently Verified.
- Formulated, Designed, and Supported by a Medical Doctor (The MD formerly used a pen name to fit into American Society)
- No Fragrance, No Preservatives, No Herbs, All Natural
- Booklet of Chemicals and Herbs to Avoid to Get Well
- The recommendation is to avoid xenoestrogens because xenoestrogens may cause your disease. If you have a severe condition, you must be careful to avoid an extensive list of xenoestrogens to take progesterone. If a mild condition, you can be less careful. This is true of all progesterone products.
Now you can understand why progesterone is called the feel good hormone of pregnancy. Avoid symptoms of low progesterone. Have your progesterone level measured if you suffer any of the above symptoms.
The benefits of bioidentical hormone replacement are summarized in this review paper.
See related articles.