Avoid Symptoms of Low Progesterone
Symptoms of low progesterone are many and if you’re past your mid-30s you probably have suffered some of these symptoms. Known as the “feel good hormone of pregnancy”, progesterone is essential to a woman’s health.
“Progesterone” comes from the word “gestation” meaning pregnancy. Progesterone prepares the lining of the uterus for implantation of the fertilized egg. In the event of pregnancy, progesterone levels increase to very high levels maintaining the uterine lining during pregnancy. Many women feel great during pregnancy and progesterone is responsible for these positive feelings and emotions.
Progesterone provides many other important health benefits. It regulates the menstrual cycle along with estrogen. Progesterone is produced in the ovaries and adrenal glands. Like other hormones, progesterone exerts it effects through receptors on the cells. There are progesterone receptors in the uterus, breast, vagina, blood vessels, and brain. That’s why low progesterone levels have wide-spread effects.
- LEADING FORMULA FOR A GENTLE, NATURAL ALTERNATIVE TO FEMALE BALANCE.
- LIPOSOME TECHNOLOGY FOR FAST ABSORPTION AND RESULTS.
- 100% NATURALLY DERIVED BIOIDENTICAL PROGESTERONE FROM WILD YAM.
- UP TO 65 USES! 1300 MG OF PROGESTERONE.
- NO PARABENS, NO ARTIFICIAL COLORS, NO PHENOXYETHANO AND NO FRAGRANCES.
Progesterone counteracts the effects of estrogen. Estrogens have proliferative effects on the body, meaning estrogens promote tissue growth. Progesterone counter-balances these proliferative effects and provides protection against uterine cancer and breast cancer, as well as protection against osteoporosis, and heart disease.
Progesterone production naturally begins to decline when women reach their mid-30s. It has a calming effect, and you may have noticed or heard that many women begin to experience some level of anxiety once they get past their mid-30s. Low progesterone is one of the reasons.
Symptoms of low progesterone are due to the low progesterone itself but can also be related to an the imbalance between estrogen and progesterone as progesterone levels drop relative to estrogen, or what is known as estrogen dominance.
- THE TOP PROGESTERONE CREAM ON AMAZON: Women deficient in Progesterone commonly use Progesto-Life with great results. Progesto-Life may provide support for women who are dealing with Menopause, PCOS, Vaginal Dryness, Insomnia, Acne, Mood, Energy, and TTC.
- ELITE FORMULATION: Contains 2000 mg of Bio-Identical, Micronized Progesterone (Certified USP) in a 4-ounce pump; ~21mg of Progesterone USP per serving.
- UNMATCHED QUALITY: Our Progesterone Cream is Paraben-Free, Propylene Glycol-Free, Non-GMO and Soy-Free. It's Fragrance-Free, not tested on animals, features discreet packaging, and is manufactured in FDA-Registered facilities that adhere to GMP guidelines.
- 90-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: All Smoky Mountain Naturals' products are backed by our no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee.
Symptoms of Low Progesterone Symptoms of Estrogen Dominance
Sleep disturbances or insomnia Breast tenderness
Miscarriages/infertility Mood swings
Painful or lumpy breasts Foggy thinking
Unexplained weight gain Weepiness/crying
Headaches Migraine headaches
Progesterone has a calming effect on the body. Progesterone is typically the first of the sex hormones to decline in women. Have you noticed that many women are started on drugs to treat depression and anxiety as they get past their mid-30s? Low progesterone can lead to depression and anxiety. This drop in progesterone can occur in a woman’s 30s and some times even younger. Progesterone replacement exerts effects on the brain similar to that seen with antidepressant and anti-anxiety medications. Progesterone replacement taken at night can be useful in women with sleep issues.
So if you’re feeling anxious and/or depressed be sure to have your progesterone levels measured.
- PROMOTES HORMONAL BALANCE- Our bioidentical, menopause support cream helps alleviate the symptoms of hormonal imbalance, which typically occurs during the menopause stages. It also promotes good prostate health for men.
- GIVES EXACT DOSAGE WITH EVERY PUMP - No need to measure or guess the amount of cream for each use. The bottle has a pump that dispenses exactly 22.5 mg of Progesterone cream that is quickly absorbed by the skin.
- MADE OF BOTANICAL INGREDIENTS - Only active botanical ingredients like Mexican Wild Yam, Lemongrass Oil, Vitamin A, Rosemary Extract, and Aloe Vera go into our cream. It has no harmful chemicals like Parabens and Phenoxyethanol.
- MADE IN A SAFE ENVIRONMENT - Our menopause support cream is made in a well-maintained facility with strict quality control in the USA. We only use high-quality ingredients to manufacture safe and effective products.
- EMPOWERMENT FOR HEALTH VIA EDUCATION - Get our ebook “Progesterone - Understanding the Most Misunderstood Hormone” with your order. It lets you know more about health than a 15-minute doctor visit, coupled with a prescription.
A Word on Progesterone Replacement Therapy
Here’s one take home message. Progestins are not the same as progesterone even though they are used to treat low progesterone. Progestins have a much different chemical structure than progesterone, and more importantly, a much different effect on the body than bioidentical progesterone. While progestins protect the uterus from endometrial cancer, that’s where the similarities with bioidentical progesterone end. Progestins frequently cause bloating, headache, fatigue, weight gain, depression, and premenstrual symptoms by stimulating estrogen receptors, and therefore appear to also increase the risk of breast cancer. Oral contraceptives typically contained progestins which by their vary nature are synthetic compounds.
The word “synthetic” is frequently used in discussing hormone replacement therapy. When discussing hormones “synthetic” means man-made. This is not necessarily a bad thing. The more important consideration is whether or not a hormone is bioidentical or not. Bioidentical hormones can be natural or synthetic. Bioidentical means a hormone as the exact same chemical structure as the hormone produced in the human body.
Premarin is a natural hormone produced by pregnant mares, and in fact, contains several equine hormones of which only a few are similar to female hormones produced by women. So even though Premarin is natural it would be considered less healthy than a bioidentical synthetic hormone prescribe to women.
Prometrium is a synthetic progesterone but it is bioidentical and can be obtained at a regular pharmacy. Compounding pharmacies specialize in compounding bioidentical hormones. Many natural progesterone compounds can be found over the counter. These products usually are derivatives of yams (synthetic bioidentical progesterone is made from yams). These products in a sense are pro hormones which may or may not get converted into progesterone was absorbed in the body. If you want to raise your progesterone you are best off to get a prescription for a bioidentical progesterone rather than relying on these over the counter natural progesterone creams.
- FEEL LIKE YOURSELF AGAIN ProBLEN Estrogen / Progesterone is formulated to provide maximum relief for your most bothersome menopause symptoms: hot flashes, night sweats, menopausal irritability, mood, energy, fatigue
- IMPROVE STAMINA: ProBLEN Estrogen/Progesterone can give you the confidence and improved performance both in and out of the bedroom.
- EASY TO TAKE: ProBLEN Estrogen / Progesterone is a sublingual spray that offers the quickest absorption rate available.
- MADE IN THE USA: ProBLEN formulas are constantly-tested to ensure quality Manufactured in the United States by an FDA Registered Facility.
- FDA REGISTERED: ProBLEN Formulas are FDA Registered and issued a NDC (National Drug Code) number. FDA NDC# 43853-0018-1
To learn more about the differences between progestins and progesterone see this article of ours.
There’s been a tendency to only replace estrogen in women without a uterus (since there is no concern of endometrial cancer from opposed estrogen therapy). But, given the wide array of benefits of progesterone women without a uterus should consider progesterone replacement therapy, too.
Treating Symptoms of Low Progesterone
Bioidentical progesterone and estroges in combination have been shown to improve HDL or good cholesterol, while lowering the LDL or bad cholesterol. The two hormones also work synergistically to improve bone density. Progesterone stimulates bone formation while estrogen prevents bone resorption. Progesterone relaxes uterine muscles alleviating menstrual cramps and relaxes the smooth muscles of the blood vessels. This improves blood flow to the heart and other organs including the skin restoring that youthful glow to a woman’s appearance. See How to Overcome Estrogen Deficiency Symptoms to learn more about low estrogen symptoms.
- Ingredients: Fractionated Coconut Oil, 800 mg/oz Progesterone
- No Fragrance, No Preservatives, No Herbs, Only 2 Ingredients, All Natural, Hypoallergic --- USP Progesterone: Pharmaceutical Grade, Bioidentical Natural Progesterone 800 mg/oz Double Strength, Independently Verified.
- Formulated, Designed, and Supported by a Medical Doctor (The MD formerly used a pen name to fit into American Society)
- Booklet of Chemicals and Herbs to Avoid to Get Well, No FREE Bottle as a First Time Buyer
- The recommendation is to avoid xenoestrogens because xenoestrogens may cause your disease. If you have a severe condition, you must be careful to avoid an extensive list of xenoestrogens to take progesterone. If a mild condition, you can be less careful. This is true of all progesterone products.
Now you can understand why progesterone is called the feel good hormone of pregnancy. Avoid symptoms of low progesterone. Have your progesterone level measured if you suffer any of the above symptoms.
The benefits of bioidentical hormone replacement are summarized in this review paper.
See related articles.