Many people enjoy drinking herbal drinks. Vanilla chai tea has just made a swift appearance in both large and small coffee shops. However, are there any benefits of vanilla chai tea? To answer the question, you first need to know what chai tea is.
Vanilla chai tea is a combination of black tea, spices, milk, and vanilla flavoring. This type of tea is unique in that it comes from Ayurvedic medicine. Some of the spices used as ingredients include cloves, ginger, nutmeg, cardamom pods, cinnamon, coconut milk, and soy. Each ingredient has its own significant health benefits. In fact, vanilla chai benefits include possibly cancer prevention, promote cardiovascular health, and lower blood sugar. The following are ten of the most important Vanilla chai tea benefits.
1. Antioxidant Properties
Antioxidants prevent infections and diseases by fighting free radicals. Black tea, one of the key ingredients of vanilla chai tea, is an antioxidant itself. It plays a significant role in preventing cell and tissue damage caused by free radicals. Ginger is another core ingredient. This root has been known to be a potent antioxidant that may help prevent certain forms of cancer such as ovarian cancer.
Cardamom, another known spice of vanilla chai tea, has shown antioxidant properties in countering nonmelanoma skin cancer. Antioxidants are also found in the vanilla extract. Therefore, when all these ingredients are combined, you get a drink with a high load of antioxidants.
2. Digestive Support
Poor digestion can be quite annoying as well as uncomfortable. If you have a problem with digestion, then vanilla chai tea may be very well what you need. Vanilla chai tea benefits include helping the body dissolve excess stomach acidity. Hence it reduces heart burns and stomach ulcers.
Black pepper, a spice also used to prepare vanilla chai tea, has the ability to help the pancreas in secreting digestive enzymes. This property speeds up the digestion of fats and proteins. Studies also indicate that the combination of the right ingredients such as the spices in the vanilla chai tea can offer support to the digestive system.
3. Anti-Inflammatory Properties
Similar to other herbal teas, vanilla chai tea possesses anti-inflammatory properties. Ginger is the star anti-inflammatory ingredient. Did you know that Ayurveda and the arthritis foundation recommends ginger for the treatment of several inflammatory conditions such as arthritic pain?
According to Frondoza, Grzanna, and Lindmark of RMG biosciences, there is proof that ginger has powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Research published by the Pharmaceutical Biology reveals that clove oil could reduce inflammation.
4. Caffeine Need Reduction
It’s not a secret that vanilla chai tea has caffeine. Therefore, if you need a healthy boost in the morning, then chai tea is a perfect choice for you. It is important to understand that despite the fact that vanilla chai tea has more caffeine than regular tea, caffeine in tea is much healthier than the caffeine you get from coffee.
This fact makes vanilla chai tea the perfect substitute for coffee, and it will keep you focused and give you energy. Plus the addition of other natural ingredients will deliver more health benefits.
- VANILLA SPICE: Vanilla Chai Black Tea brings you the flavor of smooth vanilla blended with flavorful spices for a full-bodied tea with sweet, buttery undertones of nutmeg & cardamom. Prepare with milk or try with soy milk for a nutty gingerbread-like cup.
- INDIVIDUALLY WRAPPED: Bigelow tea always come individually wrapped in foil pouches for peak flavor, freshness, and aroma to enjoy everywhere you go! Gluten -free, calorie-free, & Kosher certified; Bigelow tea delivers on all the health benefits of tea.
- TRY EVERY FLAVOR: There's a Bigelow Tea for every mood and every time of day. Rise and shine with English Breakfast, smooth out the day with Vanilla Chai, get an antioxidant boost from Green Tea, or relax & restore with one of our variety of herbal teas.
- AMERICAN MADE TEA: In 1945 Ruth Bigelow created our first tea, Constant Comment, a strong, flavorful black tea blended with aromatic orange peel and sweet warming spices. Today, Bigelow is still Family Owned and Still American made.
- UNCOMPROMISED QUALITY SINCE 1945: Since Constant Comment, Bigelow has been a leader in premium tea. Compare our teas to Twinings, Celestial Seasonings, Numi,, Tazo Good Earth, Harney & Sons, Lipton, Teavana, & Taylors of Harrogate, & taste the difference.
- BIG TRAIN VANILLA CHAI: Our Spiced Chai Mix is made with a blend of milk, honey, black tea, vanilla, & spices for a chai tea latte that you can mix up in an instant. Just add water! Drink hot & steamy or use cold water & pour over ice for an iced treat
- WHEREVER BEVERAGES ARE SERVED: Big Train Beverage mixes & blends are ideal for use in home kitchens, office kitchens, cafés, coffeeshops, & restaurants. Easy to mix & serve, Big Train mixes, blended frappes, & smoothie bases make beverage blending simple
- BLEND, POUR, SERVE: Big Train mixes make it easy to serve up delicious drinks. From our just-add-water chai, to our blended crème and coffee frappes, Big Train provides quick to prepare beverage solutions for home kitchens, coffee shops, & restaurants
- TRY EVERY FLAVOR: Our entire line is crave-worthy. In the mood for a chai? Try our Spiced or Vanilla Chai Tea Latte. Coffee time? We've got Blended Ice Coffee in Java Chip & Caramel & more, plus Blended Crème Frappes like Cookies & Cream(caffeine-free!)
- BIG TRAIN QUALITY: Our beverage mixes and blends compare favorably to similar products from MOCAFE, Starbucks, Ghirardalli, Café De Amor, Tazo, David Rio, Pacific Chai, Chamba, Trader Joes, Maxwell House, Twinings, Chai Guy, General Foods, and Chai Now
- Pacific Chai is an extraordinary tea latte rich with ginger, honey, cloves and cinnamon. This brand offers 7 unique flavors. You will love the next one even more than the last.
- Better than expensive coffee shops.
- Just add water to the dry mix. Gluten Free.
- No trans fat, hydrogenated oil free.
- Shelf stable in a re-sealable canister.
5. Diabetes Risk Reduction
Vanilla chai tea benefits also include controlling blood sugar levels. As a rule, after taking a cup of vanilla chai tea, individuals tend to reduce their sugar consumption. When the blood sugar levels are in check, you reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
Also, when your food intake contains high amounts of sugar and caffeine, vanilla chai tea can be of help in removing the toxins. Specialists recommend two cups of vanilla chai tea per day to help you keep diabetes at bay.
6. Anti-Anxiety and Depression
Caffeine has always played a significant role in fighting depression. Vanilla chai tea contains healthy caffeine that makes a person active, full of energy, and sometimes boosts morale. Therefore, when feeling depressed or anxious, a cup of vanilla chai tea can help relieve the tension and cool your mind.
7. Cancer Risk Prevention
Doe vanilla chai tea help prevent cancer? If so, how? You might be surprised by this fact, but vanilla chai tea benefits also include reducing cancer risk. Chai tea contains antioxidants and phytochemical which inhibit the growth of cancer cells.
Cancer works by damaging DNA as well as healthy cells. However, vanilla chai tea contains ingredients such as black pepper, cardamom, and ginger which have antioxidant properties. Therefore, they are able to fight free radicals and prevent the growth of cancer cells.
8. Cardiovascular Diseases Prevention
Drinking chai tea is a great way to ensure your heart stays healthy. With each cup of vanilla chai tea you take, you are increasing the number of antioxidants in your body namely polyphenol and catechins found in black tea.
These antioxidants lower the blood pressure and get rid of bad cholesterol hence preventing cardiovascular diseases. Cinnamon is a key ingredient and has been linked to reducing the risk of heart diseases. It also helps reduce blood pressure and stabilize triglycerides and cholesterol.
9. Good Taste
More often than not you are forced to drink tasteless healthy herbal drinks. However, vanilla chai tea has a great taste since it has milk and contains other enticing spices including vanilla. As a result, you get to enjoy a cup of healthy tea without disappointing your taste buds.
10. Treatment for Nausea and Immune System Boost
Vanilla chai tea can be of great help in calming a nagging upset stomach. Ginger contains bioactive compounds that help reduce motion sickness, nausea, and sometimes vomiting.
In addition, vanilla chai tea benefits the body by boosting the immune system with the help of cardamom and ginger. This can be a welcome addition to the treatment for headaches and the flu.
These are just some of the vanilla chai tea benefits; why not give it a try? Drinking vanilla chai tea will not only protect you but also your family. You will also be experiencing a unique word of history, wonderful taste, and fragrances. You can get vanilla chai tea in stores that specialize in teas or health food stores.
Also, for those who want to benefit from the health benefits of vanilla Chai tea but have little time to prepare it, Chai tea concentrates are available allowing you to enjoy a cup of Chai on the run.